Monday, June 09, 2008

Stories from the Weekend

It all began with a peaceful Friday night by myself watching the Cubs/Dodgers game on my enormous HD TV. It was the 8th inning and the cubs had just blown another, when I heard a loud bang outside. I ran to the window to see what had happened and saw a large gold Toyota Tundra backing out of my suddennly smashed in bumper.

I ran out the front door and jumped on the hood of the Toyota as it was pulling away. I yelled at the guy in the car, "Man, you just hit my car!" He responded with, "No I didn't!" I explained that I had seen him hit it and that I was getting off his hood till he got out and gave me all of his information. He conceded and admitted that he had inadvertently run into my parked car.

I was pissed, so my car is in the shop and it is costing about 1500 dollars to fix. Luckily his insurance company is going to pay for all of it, because clearly I had nothing to do with it.

What I cna't believe is that their are some people that actuelly believe they can hot a car and get away with not telling the person or at least leaving a note. I have come to the belief that their really is no comon decency left in the world at all, that people are pretty narcisistic and could really care less about the well being of others. Maybe this is just in LA, but schools really should be teaching children to have respect for others and to take responsibility for their actions, because it seems like US citizens are really lacking in that. What do you think?

5 Comments:

Blogger Drunken Chud said...

i thihnk you hit the nail on the head. no one is responsible for their own actions anymore. we can always just shuffle the blame elsewhere and shrug and say, "it's not MY fault. THIS was the cause of my lunacy". hell in a handbasket this world is heading. believe me sonny.

June 09, 2008 1:06 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

It is true, no one takes responsibilty for anything and everyone tries to blame someone else. If more people just said, "Yep I did it, now lets fix the problem." Many more things would be getting done without excessive money use.

June 09, 2008 3:13 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

aside from the deeper meanings here... you jumped on the hood? that's some gangster shit right there.

June 10, 2008 12:22 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

It's the world over not just the US. What an asshat!! Good on you for stopping him.

June 14, 2008 9:44 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

I'm sorry to hear it is the world over, I was kind of hoping to move to another country and not find these problems!

June 15, 2008 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home