Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

I could go on and on about how Thrill has been trying to get me to start writing again, but that would be some long drawn out story about getting naked in the streets of San Francisco and possibly doing other acts that could be deemed as arrestable offences. Instead it was a singular moment earlier today that had my head in a whirl. Suddennly nouns, verbs, and sentences were impedeing my vision to the point that if I didn't spill them out onto this piece paper I probably would explode. What was this moment you ask? Well, it was when I saw this...


For those of you that don't know me(probably most of you that religously read my blog, if any of you have stayed by me with my 6 month hiatus from writing)this is the view from the gigantic bay window at the front of my new apartment. or as I have nicknamed it, "Paradise." I looked out to the ocean this morning and saw surfable waves and warm weather. "Summer is here folks!"

I went down to my garage to grab my board and happened to notice the gas price at our corner gas station was $4.29. Gas is getting mighty expenisive, but living at the beach has caused me to drive less. My bicycle has gotten a lot of use!

I headed down to the ocean with my roommate and we went surfing. The swells were great today, it wasn't crowded and they were about 4 foot curls that had a really soft feel to them. But I'm getting away from my story. After our surf session was over, we climbed the hill back to our apartment and I looked to that gas station again. In the course of 2 hours gas prices on regular fuel changed to $4.37. I did a double take and almost got hit by a car while crossing the street.

Change, it happens quickly and sometimes when we least expect it. Kind of the moral of my life right now...but that is a story for another time.

P.S. I'm back baby!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Thrill said...

Man, Stick, you couldn't have written a more apropos post for me. There's a gas station about a block from my house that went up 22 cents in 36 hours (from 3.97 at 8 AM on one day to 4.09 at 7:45 that evening to 4.29 the following evening) and then went up another ten cents three days later (it's been sittin' pretty at 4.39 for the last day). So all told it went up 42 cents in four days. Good times.

June 04, 2008 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Thrill said...

That should have read 32 cents in 36 hours, btw. I ought to read what I write before I post that shit.

June 04, 2008 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh,
How good to see you writing again. I hope your mental state continues to improve.
Dad

June 04, 2008 10:29 AM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Thrill, I know it is out of control. I would like to stage a strike in the city of LA with picket signs, but I don't think that is possible.

Dad, slow and steady, surely wins the race!

June 04, 2008 10:40 AM  
Blogger push the pull door said...

I was going to ask how you got the board on your bike, but I guess you hoofed it down the hill to the beach?

Also, I realized about two minutes ago that I should've looked you up in LA when I was there for the SAG awards in January. I totally blew my chance to catch up in person. In my defense, it was my first trip to LA, and I was a little busy with work stuff. Ah, well, maybe next time--if you're in LA. Sounds like you're in SF now?

And your dad makes it sound like you went through a little bit of a winter depression. Hope all is turning around for you. :)

June 04, 2008 2:02 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Bill I tried to post to your page, I'm not sure if it worked. Definitly still in LA and trying to get over a slump one could say...

I wanted to tell you, my little brother left for his first year working at Camp Brosius on Sunday!

June 05, 2008 1:38 AM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

ok, so you ARE posting again. man, you can totally disregard the comment on my site.

June 05, 2008 10:59 AM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Chud don't worry I iusually disregard everything you say unless it involves drinking, because I know when I have met a master of some arts!

June 05, 2008 10:51 PM  
Blogger Miami Vending Machines said...

The swells were great today, it wasn't crowded and they were about 4 foot curls that had a really soft feel to them. Miami Vending Machines

December 20, 2012 3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home