Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Price is Wrong...

I awoke this morning kind of late. See I like to sleep in when I don't have to work. I think this has something to do with not getting to sleep more the 6 hours during the night when I am working. Regardless I always wake up on my days off, flip on the TV, and watch the Price is Right!

Now it use to make my day to see Bob Barker with all his energy making peoples days by shelling out a few thousand in plinko or winning that "new car." but this morning, this morning their was no Joy in "Price is Right" land. No, their was saddness, lack of enthusiasm, and utter boredom. Yes, I got to see an episode of the Price is Right starring Drew Carey.

The Drew Carey show was excellent, but Drew on POR was was awful. This show will never be the same without Bob Barker. The audience was hardly into it, Drew would constantly badger the people to hurry up, and Drew clearly didn't know the games well enough to explain to them to anyone. I was seriously dissapointed. Game shows come and go such as "Press Your Luck." and "Let's Make a Deal." Both they tried to revive and both failed miserably. So why try to keep an icon of Game Shows alive when it could pass into TV memory as something great instead of something that needed to be taken out to pasture and shot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Drunken Chud said...

i have yet to watch it due to my reservations about it. though, if you look at family feud they've managed throughout the years with many different hosts. though, to be fair, it's no Price.

October 23, 2007 3:32 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Yeah but think of who is watching family feud...seriously they don't have the brightest demographic. Chud I'm not including us of course. Game show afficiando's have to watch.

But imagine what happens when Alex Trebek retires from jeopardy. The tv networks need to learn their lesson. instead of replacing the host create an entirly different game show that is good!

October 23, 2007 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home