Monday, September 18, 2006

Challenge this...

The Lexus; ingenuity, design, function at its best, with class and style to put you at the top. But what did we care, it wasn't our car! Chris, my roommate from college, the guy who stole my car once, had it break down while driving it to Ohio, then have it towed back to our apartment completely unbeknownst to me. Only to have me try to start it a day later, to find it not working and still he never said a thing. Until I caught him IMing his friend in Ohio about the fantastic weekend they had driving my car. His answer when I questioned him, "You said I could take it to the store, the store just happened to be in Ohio!"

Alone he caused mayhem, but after our friendship survived that bump, together our Hijinks were legendary. Be it the day we stole a life size Brittany Spears cutout from Mcdonalds or maybe how to this day our next door neighbors at IU still don't know what happened to their duck! So when the two of us are put together in a room expect complete and utter stupidity. So as I was saying, The Lexus, Jared, our other roommate from College, his baby. We were driving it into the city of Chicago to pick him up from work and then go directly to the Styx; Foreigner concert.

He told us to be their at 5:30 PM, so I figured we should leave at 4:30 PM because of rush hour traffic. When we arrived downtown it was 5PM, we had a half hour to kill and it isn't like you can park your car downtown for free anywhere. We would have to circle the block and wait. We accidently took a wrong turn and ended up on this very small street between the NBC building and the Sheraton hotel. What is unique about this street is it is only one half of a city block long. At one end is a giant circler drive in fron tof the hotel, then a median that takes you along the building till you approach a small circle that is about 20 feet in diameter o turn around and circle back to the hotel in the opposite direction. What is unique about this circle is that you can do a full revolution around it if you so choose. And this where the story truly begins.

When Chris and I came to the circle we had 15 minutes left of waiting and we started going around it. After the first 10 times I was getting a little dizzy. When we hit the number 20, I rolled down all the windows and opened the sun roof. When we hit the 21st revolution I stood up out of the sun roof and screamed, "Twenty-One." Chris made another circle and I screamed, "Twenty-Two". Chris started to get into it and we both started screaming together after we would pass a certain point in the sidewalk. And just for your information it took us about 20 seconds to make a loop. So we kept screaming. Around loop number 29 all the people exiting NBC tower from work started to take notice. SOme girls stopped and stood on the sidewalk and started to count along with us. At loop 37 the crowd started forming, young people in buisness suits and dresses yelling along as we circled the loop. As we passed number 49, I again stood up out of the sun roof and screamed "Fifty" at the top of my lungs. Tot he deafening roar of the crowd. We had done it was had made fifty loops and now had to go pick up Jared.

As we drove to pick him up, all I could think about is how we hold the record. How we should have you-tubed it and played it in fast motion for everyone. How maybe this could be in the Guinness Book of World of Records. When we picked up Jared we took him to the loop and subjected him to 10 more as we laughed hysterically. His first question is how much had we been drinking. When we answered "Nothing!" He replied,"You guys have to be the stupidist people on earth." I think he was just jealous he doesn't hold the record with us. So I put it to you, the people of the blogosphere, who can beat us in revolutions over by NBC tower, Because I don't think anyone has the balls to challenge us? Or at least who can top that story of stupidity?

7 Comments:

Anonymous BLongly said...

Stick,
I agree with Jared. You and Chris are retarded.
Why no mention of The Protector or you getting beat all night long in asshole?
Or of me for that matter? :)

September 19, 2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Wow, you are truly a lunatic.
P.S i drive a Lexus (work car) and it's da shiznit!!

September 19, 2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Longly - I know for a fact had you been there you would have been shouting along and may have jumped out and hung off the outside of the car and mooned the passerby's. Especially if their had been beer involved.

Steph - I may be crazy but one day I could be rich off one of the schemes too!

September 19, 2006 11:56 PM  
Anonymous BLongly said...

Stick,

I'm not sure if I would have mooned people, but I would have jumped on top of the car like Teen Wolf if I'd have been there. I can't lie.

September 20, 2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

i just keep thinking of the scene in european vacation. "look kids parliament" "look kids, big ben"

September 20, 2006 12:32 PM  
Anonymous jenny said...

josh-
i want gas money.

September 21, 2006 3:06 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Longly, I don't think the roof could support you on jared's car, no offense buddy but your the slim guy you were in college anymore.

Chud, you can't go on the roof either and awsome movie. I sih I had thought of that.

Jenny, divorce your husband and run away with me and then I'll think about paying you the gas money!

September 22, 2006 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home