Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lesbioke?

What a Saturday, for a day that really was not eventful some crazy weird things happened. Let's begin with surfing...

I got out early on Saturday morning and much to my dismay the wax started falling off my board and new wax would not stick. I caught a couple waves and then headed to my local surf shop for some advice. Still being relatively new to this I had no idea what was going on. I walked into the store and asked the first clerk "Why is the wax falling off my board?" He explained that I had to peel all the wax off my board and then clean the surface with this stuff called asitane(sp?). Then reapply all the wax from the beginning. He then proceeded to try to sell me a 20 dollar scraper. I told him that I was just going to use one of those junk credit cards that come in the mail. I knew those things would come in handy eventually! He then started telling me how the credit cards will brake, but the scraper, thats forever! I told him no thanks, I'll chance it.

So I got home and started scraping the wax off. This took forever and I have a nice impression of a line going up the center of my hand from scraping with the cards.
Which incidently didn't brake and worked like magic! So finally I had a really clean board. It looked so nice I didn't want to put new wax on it. But in order for the surfing to continue I had too. Just a lazy Saturday, Till...

Dylan called. He wanted to know what I was up too. Him being one of my three remaining friends in LA because of some drama that occurred before I left, I told him nothing. He wanted to hang out and have an adventure. Since I still can't drink because of the antibiotics, I made the suggestion of bowling!

We bowl at this place called Eagle Rock Lanes. By no means is it close, but on Saturday nights they have Karaoke but it is usually empty. We both decided this would be a chill night, till everything went wrong. We started in lane 6, bowled about one half of a game and then the ball return stopped working. Every time we would bowl from hence forth our balls would get stuck and I would have to have the manager come out and fix it. Game one took about 45 minutes to complete. I asked the manager to switch our lanes so he sent us to lane 1. Guess what? As soon as we started bowling lane 1 ball return stopped working. I complained again telling them I was tired of bowling and that I wanted a refund. They wouldn't give it to us, instead they moved us to Lane 12, which for some reason they couldn't turn the power on for it. So then they moved us to Lane 14. The ball return broke in that lane as well. I walked up the manager and told him, "I don't want to play I want a refund!" He kept telling me that was impossible, we fought about it. Eventually another manager came out and told us he would refund our money, but not for the shoes. Because technically we wore them the whole time. Bull$*&! I was pissed, but I gave in. Taking our refund; Dylan and I walked into the bar to Karaoke. And we saw an unusual sight...

The room was packed with about 50 women, all of which had one trait in common. They had mullets. We looked at each other and realized at the same time that every women in the bar must be a lesbian or it was 80's night. We were confirmed of our suspicions when two of the girls got up on the stage and screamed, "Lesbian birthday party!" and everyone cheered. Yeah, we were definitly out of place. Dylan and I signed up for our songs and realized that we were about to go down in flames and their was no way either of us would be meeting any girls tonight. Dylan got up first and sang "Funke Cold Medina" by Tone Loc, which got the lesbians going. We had both decided to go with what we knew, this was not the night to experiment.

I got up and sang "Come Sail Away" by Styx. As I approached the stage, Dylan in his drunken stupor told the lesbians that I had self esteem issues and they should cheer loudly. Well that is what they did. The Lesbians kind of inducted us into their group, kind of. They gave us cake! One of the Lesbians started flirting with Dylan, Her significant other was not happy with this. And she was forcibly pulled away from us. We got up and sang "Total Eclipse of the Heart" doing all of our most gay dance moves we could think of, such as; singing to each other, Dylan tried to hump my leg, we almost kissed but didn't, etc... The Lesbians couldn't get enough of it. We then exited the stage and left. One random question I pondered on the way home...Do Lesbians hang out with only big groups of lesbians? Is it a big orgy at the end of the night?

Not really exciting, but definitly a night that I won't forget for awhile.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, glad you two made the best of that!

August 06, 2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Are you kidding? That was most guys wet dream!
You totally should have tried to "convert" a few ;)

August 07, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

heh, i had to do the same thing to an ex. take my credit card and scrape all the wax off...

August 07, 2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

anonymous, Hell yeah, and it could have been better if I wasn't technically sick.

Steph, I may be good, but even I know th elimits of my abilities.

Chud, I have the biggest ball of wax now, I need to throw at something and watch it explode.

August 08, 2006 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home