Sunday, August 20, 2006

Did you know ants...

are the most annoying of all the bugs I have come across in my lifetime. I know what your all thinking, there are plenty of other bugs that cause more drama then the ant. Well, when your house suddennly becomes infested with them, then you'll understand why the ant is the bane of my existence.

I awoke to see ten of the little buggers forming a conga line across my chest leaving bite marks. I pushed them away and looked up to see them forming a village on my desk, with a pipeline system leading to my waste basket. With one fell swoop I knocked them all into the trash and then ran like the wind with the trash can outsteched in my arms. I threw everything into our large trash can and left my wastebasket on the back porch, as I reentered the house I stopped in awe of what our kitchen looked like. Thousands of ants crawling this way and that. It looked as if they had settled on new planet, too bad it was my kitchen. I could think of only one person who could help me with my dilemma, so I called my mother. She gave the long explanation of how I should be more tidy and then she explained about the ant hotel. They are little white disks with holes in them, the ants think of them as the Cancun style resort of antdom. You know topless young ants, free buffet, all night partying with drugs. But what they don't realize is it all is poison and in the end, they die, a terrible death, bwhahahaaaaa. And kill all their ant mates in the process. I love it. So I bought some of these hotels and now I'm sitting and waiting. We'll see who gets the last laugh.

Today I went ice skating to take my mind off the ants, I also figured if any had stowed away in my clothes they would die from the cold. My roommates, some friends of ours, and I went to this ice skating rink in the valley. Tattoo guy and his friend were having trouble with the skating, they were more or less stumbling around the ice rink. It didn't help that small children were zooming around them at hundreds of miles an hour, in my mind, trying to knock them over on purpose. But an unsual event took place at the ice rink.

The new Stickler, the guy who tries to have a social life and work at the same time. A chance to test this became available at the rink. As I was skating I passed by a cute girl. Don't get me wrong their were lots of girls at the skate rink, but I try not to flirt with 12 year olds unless I know in 6 years she will be smoking hot! This girl was older and with her friends, but see she looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place it. I skated over to Tattoo guy and Sleeps On Our Couch girl and said, "I think I know that girl?" and pointed in their direction. Tattoo guy then said, "Oh the girl who has been checking you out since we got here?" I had no idea about that. Tattoo guy told me to go talk to her, but I didn't want to approach her with, "Hey have we met somewhere before?" It just kind of sounds stupid, and she was skating with 4 other girls, I was scared. Tattoo guy said, "Is this how the new Stickler acts?" Anyways my friends got off the ice, and with my expert skating ability I stayed and did a couple more laps. Eventually I found myself right behind the cute girl. Her friends had all skated ahead, so I came up right behind her and said, "Do I know you from somewhere?" And she replies, "Yeah I was thinking the same thing." It turns out 7 years ago we both were part of a club in college that we kind of ran together. She had changed though, alot, and was alot more attractive then I remember. So I did the only thing a guy in my situation can do, I skated with her for about a half hour, we caught up, and then I asked for her number. So hooray for the new Stickler, because the old one would have never approached her in the first place.

And last but not least, I never, ever, click on the Blogs of Note at the top of blogger. But today as I was signing in to write all this, the blog of note was called Tripping On Words. What an unusual name and it was so catchy I clicked on it. When the blog came up it seemed like my computer froze due to a flash image on the page, eventually a pop up came up saying I could disable the nonworking flash image and once I got past it the blog was well worth the wait. So it is a blog about Claire and Lara who write travel books while traveling around the world. They are somewhere near day 130 of their trip, I went back and read every post. One of the most fascinating Blogs I've found in awhile and I think you should all go take a look at it. But don't take my word for it, this is when we cut to small children talking about their favorite books ala Reading Rainbow, instead you'll have to click here and read for yourself.

Also I apologize for my lack of writing lately, I'm back in the swing of things now. Work has been killing me, but the new Stickler makes time for the things that he enjoys!

11 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Huzzah for the new Stickler!
Go you good thing!
P.S. we want all the gory details about the date. Mkay.

August 20, 2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

steph's "huzzah" seconded!
stick, let's write a travel blog. we'll find sponsors and get hotels to give us free rooms for mentions in the article, we can give out press releases to ensure traffic, even write to travel magazine or any others for reciprical advertising to generate more traffic. we could be internet phenoms!

August 21, 2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Steph, today I had a model flirt with me, openly in front of people I work with. The New Stickler is working for me. I promise to tell you about what happens when I fail miserably!

Chud, Let's do it. I'm being serious. Each chapter of the book could be a different girls name and it would be about the cities but more importantly the women we met along the way!

August 21, 2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

dude, stick, i'm game. we could call it "stick and the fat man tour the world" or "the drunkards guide to the globe" or "really embarrassing tales of two men who drink their way around the world and into women's hearts". i wonder who we contact first for sponsorship?

August 21, 2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Lifetime network? maybe we get Steph to fund our project with her billions of dollars of income from her new job. What say you steph?

August 21, 2006 9:46 PM  
Blogger Lynn-e said...

There's a New Stickler? Excellent!

Your sponsers should be Guinness, Trojan, & Hooters. 'k? Sounds like a fantastic idea.

August 22, 2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Lynn-e, best idea ever. I think I can get us a deal with Jack Daniels? Think of it two guys, two bags, One big ass bottle of Jack!

And the new Stickler is just a way of putting my new mentality towards my future into a simple statement!

August 22, 2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

stick, that better be one HUGE bottle if it's to last us the whole trip.

August 23, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

It would only be for special occasions, or maybe we could have people send us some along the way. Even better the whole trip could be about us getting people to furthur our trip by keeping the bottle full?

August 23, 2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

i like where your head's at stick.

August 23, 2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger Claire and Lara said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out...Who are you guys? Funny and prolific - excellent combinations in our minds...We're now furiously backreading everything...

What's your email? Ours is ClaireandLara@gmail.com

TrippingOnWords...

September 03, 2006 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home