Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Less Then a Week Till I'm Gone!

So the countdown has officially begun, in less then one week I head off to Europe for 2 months. British Ladies beware, because I'm coming for all of you first. I'm actuelly rather nervous and little scared right now. I have never in my life done anything remotely like this unless you count the time I took a greyhound bus from Indiana to Chicago in the middle of the night. I still have nightmares about the the large woman who picked a fight with the driver. I'm glad they booted her from the bus in the middle of nowhere and I'm sure some coyotes were fed well that night.

But now to my problem. I don't have a place to stay whilst I am travelling in germany. So if anyone knows anyone, or if any germans are reading this, I need a place to crash. Everything has been booked for months because of the world cup. And although I do like the rare cardboard box to sleep in, I would rather not be staying in the alley whilst vising your country. So if anyone knows someone, or has a friend, or maybe knows a rich old lady that may need sexual favors in exchange for a place to stay; I'm Game!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lynn-e said...

How fun! A co-worker of mine slept in the airport in Frankfurt for a week...he said it was really nice.

May 11, 2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Stickler said...

The airport, that could be fun. Actuelly I hae been on the official website for the games all day, and I think I'll be fine when I'm passing through. I guess I'll just meet randoms there!

May 11, 2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

You'll have a ball in England, and if you get really desperate for somewhere to stay in Germany, I hear the bus shelters are quite nice ;)

May 12, 2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger Cali Thais said...

A couple of summers ago, my buddies and I were SOL our first night Munich b/c it was Oktoberfest. We were forced to spend the night in an construction site, freezing our arses off in a wee room with an inch of dust on the floor. Of course we were boozed up and didn't notice until it until the morning when the construciton workers came to work and found us sleeping.... Don't recommend that one.

So we spent the next day looking for accomodations and of course all the hostels were full. But we heard of a camp site for backpackers where you can rent a wee tent, sleeping back, etc. and crash. We went, and I kid you not, it still is the biggest camp site I've ever been to. Thousand of people, cheap place to crash, and lots of booze. They even had buses to Oktoberfest in the morning.

So my suggestion is look up "camping" in Germany, if you have no where else to go.

Good luck, - J-Dub

May 12, 2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger Stickler said...

J-Dub,

I have actuelly considered this. So I am bringing my small backpacking tent with me! I just hope those campgrounds don't turn into woodstock?

May 12, 2006 12:08 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Steph,

I didn't see your comment till now, the long one from J-Dub confused my sight. But I do long for a good bus shelter, I hear the women who hang out in them are nice too!

May 12, 2006 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home