Tuesday, April 18, 2006

World Traveler...you'll just have to wait and see!

Yesterday was a big day. Not only did I attend the Cubs victory over the Dodgers (that should be enough for anyone), but I officially started booking things for my two month trip to Europe. Yes, for those of you who don't know, in less then a month I am leaving for Europe. No, its not for work, yes, its for pure enjoyment and understanding of the world. A break from the reality that I have finally come to grips with that is my life.

And it gets even better, my little brother is going to come with me for the first leg of it. I think this adds a delightful twist on the whole situatuion. I have never had the chance to bond with my youngest sibling, mostly because he is 6 years younger then me. During the time of my life when we have actually had things in common, I have lived on the otherside of the world. I am excited and I hope he is too.

So what do I do...I'm going to start in London. We have family there, who hopefully are still there. My brother and I will bum around town for 5 or 6 days, then hop on a ferry to Ireland. We will spend two luxurious days in Dublin, drinking beer, fraternizing with the ladies, and reeking havoc upon this country. Then my little bro will shove off. From there I will jump either on the ferry back to london, or take a direct flight to Amsterdam and join up with a tour group. Which brings me to my question of the day ladies and gentleman of the blogosphere. The place I went to get my International Student ID tried to sell me a tour package through Contiki. I said I would have to think about it, because originally the plan was to just rail around by myself, but after looking at allt hese tours, I could just join one for a part of my trip and at the end continue to travel? Has anyone ever done one of these before? Also any advice on what I should see, where I should go? Should I just get a eurail pass and let the wind take me places, or should I join one of these tours??? Answers people I need answers. Also for the Aussie contingent that reads these posts, I'm sorry I'm not coming to Australia, but maybe next year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Contiki is always good value, the only problem is, you don't get to spend as much time in some places, that you'd like, or need, to really get a feel for the place.

I did Europe last year. Had the best time in London AND Ireland. You'll have a blast.

April 18, 2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Steph, I heard you aussies love that Contiki thing. Well regardless, thank you for the advice. I have decided to go Sans a tour. Instead I will be going wherever I choose. And am currently looking for tickets to see the world cup in Germany!

April 19, 2006 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home