Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"I'm going back in time!" (Part 1)

I've been missing in action. I apologize to all my readers, it was one of those spur of the moment things. So to begin by the end of this post you will know who said that quote, so read closely their will be a quiz.

Work over the weekend was long, very long. On Saturday I recieved a call from my father which went along the lines of this.

"Stickler, I'm in Vegas on buisness, come meet me at Mandalay Bay!"

I was really excited; Vegas Baby, Vegas! My unemployment was about to start on Monday and I would be on my way to Vegas to see my father! Who could ask for anything more. Monday morning I got up really early after working relatively late. I jumped in my car after I had run some errands and proceeded to take "The 15" to Las Vegas. My fingers were twitching in excitement of holding a pair of craps die again. I was also excited to see my father, it has been 6 months since our last meeting. All was going according to plan when in the middle of the Mojave desert, miles from anything including an off ramp, all traffic slowed to a stop. A dead stop in the middle of nowhere. Unusual I pondered to myself. After 20 minutes at a dead stop, I got out of my car and looked at all the people playing frisbee on the side of the road. What was going on I started to question, so I turned to my trusty radio.

According to some radio DJ whom I have never heard of; a garbage truck overturned on the freeway, caught on fire, blew up, and sent toxic gas into the air. "The 15" was officially closed until further notice. I swear the desert heat started to ge tto me after the first hour. I had run out of water and I was halucinating. I know this because of the pink elephants on parade that were going by my car. After hour two the urge to pee was so strong I dove behind my car and Pee'd to realize a little to late an old mexican couple was watching me the whole time.

At some point int he next half hour traffic started to move at a crawl. According to the news it was backed up for 50 miles in either direction. It made my thirst for Vegas even stronger as I crawled along at 2 miles per hour. It didn't help that there was also road construction going on in the affected area, causing all traffic to merge to one lane. 7 hours later I arrived, tired, late, ready to gamble. I sat down at the craps table and with a roll of the dice I won 340 dollars. But I got greedy, the wear and tear of the trip had made me want more, had me want to win it all. This is when I lost all my winnings.

The story continues and gets better I promise, but you all will have to wait till tomorrow night for the next chapter!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ex-Addict said...

Glad you are back! Sorry you lost all your money, but hey, it had to be fun, right?

April 13, 2006 8:32 AM  
Blogger Lynn-e said...

I can't believe you sat there and didn't turn around! Your dedication to Vegas is impressive....

April 13, 2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

IT's Vegas!!!!!!! I would never turn around. And Ex just wait for part 2, this story gets crazy!

April 13, 2006 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home