Monday, March 20, 2006

The weekend of whatever...


My weekend was not "The Best Ever..." I wish it had been, but you can't always have the best ever weekend. This is just an exerpt.

There are people everywhere that feel they are better then other people, that the normal rules of society they do not need to follow due to their size and clout. I believe that in order for all of us to co-exist with some sort of peace of mind that some rules need to be followed. They are common courtesy. They do not need the established please and thank you, they just are!

So what happened! Ok, it all begins with a line to the bathroom. I had just watched IU lose in the second round of the NCAA tournament. I was upset, but more of a heart broken upset from seeing my team lose. When I arrived at the line for the bathroom it was rather large. Their happened to be an event (Which was kind of like a Frat party gone terribly wrong) being held at the bar where I watch the games. Do to the amout of Y Chromosomes that occupied the bar the line for the men's room was comparable to that of the line for the women's room at a Broadway Musical. I like most people got in line and waited.

After about 10 minutes I had finally made my way to the front of the line. I was at the doorway waiting for it to open so I could enter the place and relieve myself of the pressure that was building in my lower hemisphere. When I glanced over my should to see a guy, about the size of a linebacker for the Colts, pushing his way through the line. As he approached me he put his hand on the door to open it. I turned full around and put my hand to his chest and said,

"Hey buddy, where do you think your going, the line starts back there." Wher I pointed down the long stretch of people.

He then looks at me and says, "So." In a low voice and began again to push past me.

Now mind you I'm not the biggest guy in the world, my friends will tell you I'm kind of like Rudy from that classic movie, "Rudy." And just like Rudy I have a lot of heart, and sometimes think I am much bigger then I am. I also was at a point in my night where I had a couple, ok many beers in me, and I wasn't happy with the way my team played. I looked at everyone in lines faces at this moment to see how none of them cared either way if this guy cut them. And looking at his shirt I could see he was a big shot from a company that will remain nameless, meaning these people were ok with this guy cutting them!

F&*$ that I thought to myself. So I said as he tried to push past me.

"Open that door and I will drop you right here!"

He stopped and looked at me as I continued, "First I will rip out your juggular and if you think I'm kidding test me A-Hole! This is not the night you want to F&*$ with me!

The whole time I looked him square in the eyes. He then backed up, shrugged his shoulders and walked all the way to the ack of the line. I then entered the bathroom. The people behind me in line started telling me about how that guy was a big wig over at this company and that he can do whatever he pleases. I told them, "F&*$ that, their are rules in a civilized society and he can follow them like everyone else, because I don't care who the F&*$ he is."

I relieved myself and went back to the bar where I proved to my friend I had ultra super vision. Which is another a story for another night, when I don't have to be up at 4:42AM. But I leave you all with this; No matter how big or small you are, you live in a world with all the rest of us, so try to have some common courtesy and don't be a Jack A$$.

6 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Hurrah for you! Well done. Personally i would have kicked him in the goolies :P oh shit, i forgot, civilized society right? ok. sorry. Move along.

March 21, 2006 5:22 AM  
Blogger Ex-Addict said...

Go Stickler! Sorry you're team lost. I have no dog in that fight anymore, so I am going to root for the Shockers. Go Wichita State!

March 21, 2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger abetterjulie said...

YaY! I love you for that, and I don't even know you.
I am sorry your team lost and I would like to hear about your supervision.

March 21, 2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger janestarr said...

Nice job! I hate that shit, next time some chic tries to cut in line I am gonna use the line, "I will drop you right here biatch!" I like it.

March 21, 2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Steph, I thought about it. But it is not my style. I prefer to use my wit!

Ex, thanks for joining the Shocker bandwagon. Best part of that school is that the entire student section raises there hand in the symbol of the shocker(google this dirty term if you don't know it) and chants it over and over again, i can't get enough!

Abetterjulie, give me a couple days, i'm working ungodly hours at work right now. But it is so good.

Janestarr, when you do I want to read the story! Hope your 27th is treating you well!

AND DAMNIT SIS WHERE ARE YOU???? BRO CONGRATS ON FINALLY LEARNING HOW TO CHANGE YOUR NAME!

March 21, 2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger Ex-Addict said...

Unfortunately, I am inundated with "Shocker Talk." If you'd have asked me a year ago if I knew what it was, probably would've had to google it. But, our local sports radio people are fascinated with talk of "the shocker." In fact, they talk of it constantly. Mr. Ex talks of it way too much as well. But I think it's kinda funny, which comes to my fandom for Wichita State. I just think it's hilarious that they change team mascots with Indian names, but they allow the Shockers. Too funny!

March 22, 2006 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home