Friday, March 17, 2006

A Tribute to St. Paddy's Day

So I awoke this morning and walked down stairs to watch, what else, basketball. I will not be talking about the NCAA tourny here folks, if you want to read about sports go to rivalfish.com(I'll be writing about it there!). I will say before it is too late, what a game last night for IU. They have to start winning by greater margins so I don't have a heart attack before I turn 26.

But as I was saying this morning I awoke with a major jump start to the day. I walked downstairs and grabbed a cup of coffee. But on this day, we do not just drink our coffee black. No, on this day we pour Baily's into it. So I am feeling a little dapper right now, having consumed 4 glasses of this tasty beverage all in appreciation of St. Paddy's Day!

When I think of St. Patricks Day one thing comes to my mind...

McDonald's...You all thought I was going to say beer didn't you. Come on don't deny it, alcohol is a major part of today and it is what you are all thinking of; how later on today you will be so blitzed that you can't remember your name, let alone realize that you are making out with a dog(an actual dog!)at the bar. But for me St. Patricks's day brings with it the most tasty of all concoctions. The only reason to ever go to McDonald's(unless your on a really long road trip or just need something fast).

THE SHAMROCK SHAKE!

Oh yes, that green tinged shake that tastes a little bit minty but alot like pure heaven. I wait year round for the three weeks when I can buy one of these babies so I can hoard as much of it as possible. Honestly I think I gain weight during this time period only because of the creamy goodness. I go to the bar with shake in hand listening to the ooh's and aah's of the crowd. They part for me realizing the splendor I hold in front of them. Suddennly I am double fisting Guinness to my left and good ole' SHAMROCK SHAKE to my right. Decked fully in green(I know I shouldn;t have bought those green designer jeans, but what the hell) I jump on top of the bar, beholding the crowd like a giant green Uncle O' Grimacy. In a drunken bliss I consume both and scream:


Happy St. Paddy's Day Everyone And To All A Goodnight!




Passing out into the arms of all. So everyone, Join hands, make a love train, and go to Mickey D's and get yourself a SHAMROCK SHAKE. Your not truly celebrating this day until you have!

4 Comments:

Blogger abetterjulie said...

I shiver at the thought of all of the chemicals in that! I like the idea of the Bailey's in your coffee, though!

March 17, 2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger Ex-Addict said...

Yum! Bailey's & Coffee. And I thought about those Shamrock Shakes when I drove by McDonalds. I think they're cute, but I never really liked them. But green beer, double yum! Have a good one.

March 17, 2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Abetterjulie- Baily's is always good, my friends and I have taken to doing this alot! There are chemicals in the shamrock shake? That would explain the third arm growing out of my back!

Ex- Green beer is good, but last year, my stomach didn't like the green dye no. 5 so much and let's just say my old carpet was stained permanently green.

March 17, 2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger abetterjulie said...

dang...to bad the arm isn't growing out the front. That could be useful!!

March 17, 2006 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home