Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Leap of Faith

All day long I have been working. Working, working, working... And at my computer no less. So when I procastinate I start reading peoples blogs. I'm a fiend for them. After reading people I know well and people I don't know well I have determined everyone has the same problem. No one can sleep and everyone is dwelling on something they need to change in their life and they don't know how.

As I write this I am listening to Rent on my computer. Yeah, I like musicals, I'm a guy, and I don't play for the other team. It is just what happens when your sister and your mother are musical fanatics. Well I'm listening to Rent and the song "Over the Moon." Leap of Faith ladies n' gentleman. That is the moral. We need to get out their, get out of our comfort zone, take a leap of faith and make a change in our lives. Now it doesn't need to be a drastic change, it just needs to be a change. It could be wearing a color shirt you never wear, or maybe going to that restaurant you always pass by, maybe it is quitting your job and trying something new, taking a trip, walking up to a stranger, telling someone that your falling for them. Whatever it is, whatever that something your not telling people what it is that is keeping you up it's going to take a leap of faith to get through it.

So what am I going to do your probably asking? Well, for those of you that know me also know that over the last month I have been wrestling with the problem of having to move. It has really been bothering me, because I love where I live. Everything for a moment started to fall into place. Because of a leap of faith I took, by talking to the people who came to look at my house to rent it(yeah I was the scary guy for a moment) I have become their third roommate and get to stay!!! Because of this the money I saved for moving is just accruing interest. I am using it to take a trip, someplace far away. Western Europe to be exact. I'm going to travel for a month or two by myself. I have never done this before but I figured why not. A leap of Faith to see if I can make sense of this world by leaving my comfort zone and going someplace else.

So good luck to all, damn my posts are getting too serious. I have to start writing something funny, but first enough with the procastination back to work!

3 Comments:

Blogger janestarr said...

Excellent advice, I like it. I don't have any money, well except that 30 bucks in a random savings account, but I'll come up with something.

March 15, 2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Janestarr you want to travel with me? That would be fun I could always use some company for one of the countries!

March 15, 2006 9:07 PM  
Blogger Ex-Addict said...

The trip sounds awesome. I always wish I would have done that. And cool deal on the roommates too!

March 16, 2006 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home