Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sage grows very easily in Italy.


This is something I learned today on my favorite show "Everyday Italian" with
Giada De Laurentiis. While I was in NY for New Years, my friend Giles was watching this show. He in fact Tivo'd the show.

I exclaimed, "Wow, I watch that show too."
He replied, "I don't know a single guy that doesn't watch this show."

Because if you can't tell by her picture; Giada is a pretty attractive woman, and she can cook authentic italian food like no other. I have learned so much from this beautiful woman and if I met her on the street I think I would drop down on one knee and propose.

Italian food has always been important to my life, now I'm not Italian or anything but I have ties to the Italian world. My sister, brother, and best friends Giles and Downs have all worked at the best Italian Deli in the city of Chicago. It is called "Alpine Food Shop." In fact currently I am wearing my Alpine Food Shop t-shirt that I stole from my little brother last time i was in town. Sorry bro, your not getting it back. But Alpine Food Shop is an amazing place and if your ever in Chicago I reccommend you go there. First you must wait in the long line that goes out the door and then get yourself an Alpine(this is a type of a sandwich they make). You will be ordering from a number of cool disgruntled sandwich makers who are quick with the slicer, so watch your fingers. The Alpine is an amazing sandwich, now don't put mayo or mustard on it, just get the sauce put on it. Then get a small order of potato salad. This potato salad is no ordinary potato salad, it is made by these old women in the back who speak no english. It is also the greatest potato salad your mouth will ever taste. Also be aware of Mob Bosses who get in line, they have the right of way.

After you have finished this meal I reccommend walking the three blocks east on North Avenue to "Johnnies" yet another Italian landmark becuase of their Italian Beef Sandwiches and Italian Ice. Yet again wait in a line that is longer then the block is long, and then order. As you approach the register hope that a man larger then the store is wide is standing there. Like when ordering from the Soup Nazi on "Seinfeld" their is a system. Don't look Johnnie in the eye and say, Juicy Beef Sweet please with a Small Ice. This means you will be getting a dipped beef sandwich with sweet peppers and a small italian ice. Other variations could be Dry Beef Hot, or even Juicy Combo Sweet and Hot. Don't forget the ice becuase it is important for all the taste sensations to be correct. And remember this place gets closed down for health violations once a month, So if your food comes sans one of Jonnies long hairs on it, send it back because it was not created by the master. And enjoy.

As you can tell, I'm homesick for the food. You just can't get food in LA like you can in Chicago. Or if you know of food that I can get tell me about it? I'm getting hungry over here and I'm always up for some new culinary adventures. And if your a cute girl I may even take you along on such an adventure.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ex-Addict said...

You are making me hungry. I love those Italian deli places & I love all the food in Chicago.

But instead, I will settle for low fat string cheese & awful salads with no flavor to avoid carbs at all cost. I think I'd rather have 1 of those Italian beef thingies.

February 10, 2006 7:21 AM  
Blogger Stickler said...

Ahhh, A woman who likes food, a rare thing in this world!

February 10, 2006 12:10 PM  
Anonymous thrill said...

Stickler, I spent a day with sweet Giada last September for work. She's extremely fine. But her head is gigantic - she's only like 5'2", but she has the head of a woman ten inches taller. It's like living in "So I Married An Axe Murderer". But like I said, she's extremely fine and she also happens to have the boobs of a woman ten inches taller, too. So that's nice.

February 10, 2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger lil miss stickler said...

mmmmm... JOHNNIES JUICY BEEEEEEFFFF!!!
and ALPINEmmmmmmmmmmm... i miss chi-town...

February 12, 2006 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home