Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I love you clickable Sharpie!


In my everyday life, like all people of the age of 25, I use certain office tools to make my life easier. One of these being the Sharpie! What a magical creation this simple marker has become, the way it draws and writes with such clarity. All the assortment of colors that exist. Since I started working the one thing that has been consistent to my day to day tools of the trade, are the red, black, and silver Sharpies that reside in my right side pocket. Yes, they have been replaced over and over, but they are always there. At the ready in case someone needs to mark something on gaff tape or a call sheet needs to be pushed (industry terms I don't expect any of you to understand).

At first I found no flaws with the sharpie, till the day I lost the cap to the red one and it left a permanent red stain on the pocket of my jeans. But oh Sharpie creator, you figured out how to solve that problem. Yes, the clickable Sharpie. This simple solution has taken milliseconds off my sharpie usage , averaging about 1 minute more a week I can stair at the wall aimlessly when I have nothing to do. But even with this incredible invention their is a flaw. Yes, a flaw and I question why? Why when I try to write on a wall that has non-graffiti paint on it, my Sharpie dies. It won't write on these walls, and then it kills the Sharpie so you can't write on anything else. Why? Sometimes in my line of work we must write on walls, but this improvement has made me( I mean the production company) have to spend more money on Sharpies. Can't we do something about this? Can't we me make Sharpies able to write with ease on any surface? Why the conspiracy? Who is making money from this? These questions I bring to you the public, ask them because without Sharpies we will have to revert back to the Crayola marker of childhood, which is just so unprofessional.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Rach said...

I have a sharpie key chain that i bring on all of my shoots. It hooks perfectly on whatever cred's i happen to be wearing. Check 'em out. Mine is pink of course!

February 08, 2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

But don't you feel like they are constantly banging into you and rotating around you when you are walking? Not to mention accidently getting tangled in your surveillance mike? But the pink one, I gotta admit that is unique. I wouldn't wear the pink one because I am a guy. It would be like if a guy baby was wearing a pink hat when he was born instead of a blue one.

February 08, 2006 2:19 PM  
Anonymous rach said...

I forgot to mention this is a mini-sharpie-key-chain! It's wonderful. It's super small and perfect for labeling tapes while not weighing me or my walkie-talkie down. Maybe it's just me, but i feel really sexy when i get to wear a walkie on set. It's like an "i have arrived and am worthy of other people asking my opinion" type feeling. Ok, ya... it's probably just me.

February 10, 2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

It's just you! I always wondered what it would be like to be on set and not be in touch with everyone on channel one?

February 13, 2006 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home