Monday, February 06, 2006

The great Friendster experiment

Due to my lack of motivation to do anything but sit on my couch, I have taken to scouring the pages of Friendster. By the way sis, I enjoyed the updates and pictures. Bro, you need to do a little work on yours. I realized that I have never actually used friendster to meet anyone. I just use it to find all the people I have lost over the years. But it made me wonder can I meet someone on friendster? What would happen? Would I become friends with them based on how funny, witty, and sarcastic their profile was? Would they look like their picture? Would my friends actually hook me up with their friends? Could I find that one person that we all search for?

Which begins the great friendster experiment. The minute I finish with this post, I am going to write an e-mail to a girl I do not know on friendster. I'm crossing into new boundaries here. I mean if online dating places such as match.com or eharmony.com can boast that this is the new trend in dating, then why can't friendster be used for the same thing. And you the readers will be their every step of the way.

Update* I have initiated contact with a smile. She looked at my profile. Let the e-mails begin.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you should try to meet someone on opinmind. type in some of your interests and search. check this out for starters...

http://www.opinmind.com/search.jsp?q=drinking

February 06, 2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger Stickler said...

That site is amazing. Thank You Anonymous, but the experiment must continue, unless the girl doesn't answer. I especially liked how you made it come up on drinking, very observant of you.

February 06, 2006 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home