Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Broadcasting of The Olympics or The Broadcasting of the already happened-ics.

Today, I am yet again not working. Don't worry I'm used to the life of freelancing, I understand that occasionally their will be the odd week of no work and then a week where work consumes my life to the point where I sleep 3 hours total. Yesterday was such a long day I decided not to work today, got up late, and turned on the TV to find afternoon Olympic coverage of Men's Curling. My day was set, with beer in hand I cheered on the U.S. Men's Team! Until the large light bulb in my head turned on. It was so bright I turned away from the television and went to the internet. I thought; "I know nothing of curling, I should learn the rules!" A moment later I was sailing across the super information highway at speeds so fast I'm sure the cops were having trouble keeping with me. Once at the official website I began to scour the page for rules, until my eyes fell upon an extremely large headline; Men's Team loses to Italy 5-6. Oh man am I pissed, I was currently watching the US team make their comeback from 2 down to find out it was fruitless. So I wasn't happy, but then I made a bigger mistake. I clicked on hockey to see stats on the team, so as to get ready for the game at midnight on Wednesday, only to find out the game was actuelly played at noon today! NOOOOOOOOOOO! I was looking forward to this game and I missed it only to find out that USA tied with Latvia. NBC and The Olympics you have screwed my Olympic watching by lying to me about when the live event times are and putting things on the internet before they are broadcast. For that I will forever hold you responsible and you owe me, oh you owe me big time! So how about a job?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ex-Addict said...

I'm such a cheater. I always look on Yahoo to see what happened in the Olympics before it comes on. Then I decide whether to watch it or not.

But curling? Although, I know I am woefully unprepared to be an Olympian, but it would be kind of cool to figure some lame sport like that out & go to the Olympics. Maybe you should try that stickler!

February 16, 2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger Stickler said...

This sport definitly up my alley, All you have to do is rub the ice with brooms, I can do that with my eyes clothes and a beer in my hand!

February 16, 2006 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home