Sunday, October 23, 2005

Cereal and the girls that eat it.


When I think back to my childhood; I can't help but notice that cereal was a big part of my life. Starting from when I was a baby and my mother and her ensemble (she plays piano and had a chamber group) would throw Cheerios at me from across the room to get me to shut up while they practiced. To college when I would wake up at three in the afternoon, grab one of those mixing bowls, pour an entire box of cereal and a half of bottle of milk into it, and gingerly eat it till their was nothing left. Personally it was my favorite meal. So cereal has always been there as my personal companion, from Kix (kid tested, mother approved) or be it the sugarcoated goodness of Cap'n Crunch. Even as I type this a box of Honey Nut Cheerio's lays sprawled across my bed.

A few weeks ago the question arose; as an adult is it still ok to enjoy a bowl of cereal?

Well, after quizzing all who have come into my path on this question I have the answer...Yes! I talked to men as old as 50 and they still enjoy their Cocoa Krispies secretly, hiding it from their wives of course. So now that I know that cereal is a socially accepted phenomenon, I will tell my story.

While shopping at the local Ralph's (I know, I know I should be going to Albertson's, but I just love Ralph's.) I headed towards my favorite aisle, the cereal aisle, to pick up what I consider dinner when I am working. When I turned the corner, their she was, a thing of beauty. The way her features glowed in the fluorescent lights of the grocery store made me smile. And next to her were thousands more, yes; I'm talking about boxes of cereal folks. Now looking at the cereal was a very pretty girl, also toting a hand basket, which for all who don't know; this is a sure sign someone is single. Anyways she was looking at a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. My sis loved this cereal, I always though it was too sugary. I grabbed my box of Honey Nut Cheerios and caught up to her just as she reached out for a box of Trix. Here was my chance; I said with all types of confidence, "You know Trix are for kids." She giggled, looked at me, and looked down at the box of Honey Nut Cheerios I was holding. She then looked me right in the eyes; by the way she had beautiful blue eyes. You know the type that make you forget everything. Anyways she says, "Sorry I don't talk to guys who eat Cheerios." She then turned around and walked away.

What is wrong with cheerios, come on they rock. I mean, she grabbed for Trix, you know the one with the silly rabbit. That rabbit annoys me so much, but come on your going to be biased against Cheerios when you’re grabbing for Trix. So I guess it wasn't meant to be, we would have never gotten along, but at least she wouldn't have eaten all my Cheerios.

2 Comments:

Blogger youngest stickler said...

ouch...
dude, if she don't dig the big O then ya know she's a ho

October 24, 2005 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Kate said...

dude...picking someone up in a grocery store? joshua, surely we can do better than this.

October 25, 2005 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home