Sunday, October 30, 2005

The 6th Day

As I grow older I realize how work can easily consume my life alot and in my job, my day is always at least 14 hours long. It gets tiring and I have to continually tell myself, "Stickler, you can do it!" This past week I had a very interesting thing happen to me. I worked my first 6th day. This is nice becuase I get paid more for this day, but it makes my weekend very short and makes me even more tired for the next week. I find myself continually trying to figure out if I should sacrifice friends and family so I can just make a living. It is a tough decision. But then their are also great things that happen.

The crew always becomes a slightly happy/disgrunteled family. And sometimes an even bigger perk comes out of it. Which brings me to my tale of my 6th day.

It all started with me waking up at 5:30 AM on a Saturday. I drank coffee and had breakfast when I got to work. We were working because we didn't finish shooting all of the scenes in the location that we had. So we had to come in on a Saturday to finish up before we moved to our next location. Because this was a last minute decision, a certain actor could not make it for the shoot. Or maybe they just didn't want to pay him, I don't know. Either way we didn't have him there. The shot we had to get was the reverse angle of a girl saying her line right after he kisses her. So we hunted around the set to find someone who would fit his clothes and could double for him. The Directors kept saying, don't worry we just need to see a little bit of his arm in the shot, anyone can do it. Well that anyone became me. It started out where I just had to say the line he says, but the Directors weren't getting the movement they needed in the shot. So they yelled from the back behind the monitors, "Stickler, your gonna have to kiss her!" So that is what I did. I spent the better part of the end of a day kissing a very attractive girl so they could "get the shot."

So all in all, A pretty good 6th day. And the best part, when everyone I know goes to see this movie; when they see the actor kissing the girl, they will all know that it is actuelly me.

2 Comments:

Blogger lil miss stickler said...

you stud muffin!!!

October 31, 2005 11:06 PM  
Blogger Rookie said...

I am giving you a standing ovation as I write this. Bravo, bravo!

November 01, 2005 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home