Sunday, September 18, 2005

Super Mario Bros. 3

So I recently pulled out the old nintendo, and you'll never guess which game I have been playing. Yes, It is Super Mario bros 3. Now I never thought I would be one to post about my nintendo, but I have too. The girl who has been playing Super Mario Bros. 3 with me is way better at the game then I am. I'm still trying to figure out how that happened.

I remember a time when I was much younger and I could school anyone in it. I mean Hell, I remember when "The Wizard" came out in theatres. Fred Savage in all his glory, and who can forget Luke Edwards, the little kid who was the best Nintando player anywhere. I remember running to the movie theatre, waiting in line for what seemed like hours so not only could I be there to see the all anticipated game footage of SMB3 but I could also see the first ever use of the power glove. My mouth was literally drooling as I sat on the edge of my seat. But why didn't they tell us the power glove didn't just control mario with the swipe of a hand, you still had to use the pad on the glove? Still it rocked.

But lately I have been reliving my old glory days and have realized I'm just not that good at this anymore. I swear my finger control on the old nintendo pad just isn't as good as it is on the X-Box controller(I know my old roommates are laughing at this comment). But I keep playing, not very well, but I keep on chugging along. It makes me sad to wonder what happened to all my other Nintendo games that I can't seem to find. I know I had quite a large collection consisting of Contra, Duck Tales, Ghosts and Goblins, TMNT 1 and 2, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros. 3(currently I am borrowing the one I am playing) Zelda 1 and 2. I wonder if my mother through them out with the trash. I remember my father telling me stories of how his mother throughout his baseball cards. Maybe NES games are the baseball cards of the future. Regardless, it has brought out the kid in me once again.

For the last part of this rant I want to complain about how hard it is to get that star, well any of those things to match up. Again I rememeber being really good at this, but now I just plain suck at it. What was the trick, someone help me out? Maybe soon I'll be able to beat level one without help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home